Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Plant Wish List For 2008

CapeCodGardener suggested we all share our plant wish lists for 2008 here on this post with our names on them and ask for comments. I will go first…I must warn you my list is long and constantly changing, as CCG has already commented on my list I will share her comments with you as well. If you need any tech advise on how to add your list to this post I would be happy to help just email me.
Wish List - Katy - each plant is linked to the web site I plan to purchase from.
1. Euphorbia 'Nothowlee'
2. Kniphofia pumila
3. Tanacetum vulgare 'Isla Gold'
4. Helleborus argutifolius ‘Silver Lace’
5. Paeonia 'Bartzella’ …..an insane extravagance
6. woodland paeonia from Avant Gardens – not in catalog
7. Hydrangea Macrophylla Sharona(tm)
8. Hydrangea Macrophylla ‘Sol’
9. Hydrangea Serrata 'Kiyosumi'
10 Ilex ‘Tiasquam’ …buy locally
11 Sassafras albidum, Sassafras
12 Ilex ‘Rock Garden’….perhaps one dozen
13 Arisaema sikokianum -- Japanese Dragon Arum or Jack-in-the-Pulpit
14 Aster tataricus 'Jindai' - Dwarf Tatarian Aster


1 comment:

kt said...

These are CapeCodGardener's Comments regarding Katy's Wish List.
> Helleborus argutifolius 'Silver Lace'
My experience with H. argutifolius is that I often lose the flowers, which are devastated by late frosts.
Other H's don't seem to have this problem, the flowers go through frosts without a hiccup. I keep this plant for the foliage, but I'd like to see it blooming. It may be that mine;s in too much sun - eastern exposure - you may do better with a colder location for it.

> Paeonia 'Bartzella' ...an insane extravagance
Yes, I've read about this recently. The price is supposed to be coming down, as the tissue culture process improves and stocks build up.

> woodland paeonia from avant gardens - not in catalog
It's also at Plant Delights, I think, and looks great.
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/02803.html